Technical Account Manager, Animal Nutrition (ENL)
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The primary objective of this role is to develop and growth BASF’s Animal Nutrition feed additive market in Indonesia
- Act as technical account manager to promote ENL APAC product portfolio
- Drive and grow the performance ingredient segment and achieve volume, net sales, and profitability targets
- Act as key counterpart for the Technical Service Team to support the customer’s technical support needs
- Act as lead generator and first contact for the customer for Vitamin and Carotenoids opportunities
- Act as lead generator and first contact to introduce ENL non-product solutions to further enhance BASF’s competitiveness and growth
- Responsible to assure compliance and execution of standard sales processes for Indonesia
- Act as a counterpart to the Sales Manager ASEAN in identifying growth fields, intervention needs and focus areas
- Act as a trusted advisor to the customer, providing first level of technical expertise, solving customers problems by applying BASF Animal Nutrition product and non-product portfolio
- Responsible to continuously improve the commercial results of the Performance Ingredients product portfolio and grow BASF’s Animal Nutrition business above local feed additive market growth
- Identify critical activities and align them with key regional counterparts as e.g.: Product promotion, proposals of marketing plans, analysis of sales and identifying key growth areas, optimize and manage distribution channels, pricing strategies, competitor and market analysis and needs for product approvals via regulatory
Customer Relationship Management
- Cultivate, strengthen, and maintain the relationships with assigned customers / distributors, existing and new, project and trial partners and academic institutions.
- Conduct regular customer interactions to understand needs and link them with ENL’s product portfolio, service offering and solution approach to establish a trusted advisor and partner relationship beyond being a supplier
- Facilitate the initial stage of any Vitamin and/or Carotenoid requests and tenders with the assigned Commercial Manager V&C
- Act as first point of contact for problem escalation and assure customer’s needs are conveyed within the regional organization to respective counterparts of Commercial Management V&C, Product Management, Regulatory, Technical Service, Technical Sales and Marketing
- Develop and maintain customer segmentation, value curves and account plans for assigned customer
- Be responsible to maintain and manage volume forecast, NPS, product launch administration and assure effective follow-up and communication with the customer
Sales Process Management
- Assure effective volume forecast and continuously improve accuracy
- Maintain and all relevant customer information on SalesForce (CRM) with e.g.: customer visits, opportunities, risks, and contacts
- Be responsible to manage all opportunities with assigned customers and follow-up with the Commercial Manager V&C for Vitamin and/or Carotenoids related open and delayed opportunities
- Manage targets with distributors and facilitate any changes
- Assure all contracts are uploaded and updated in the ICM repository
- Assure regular self-trainings in compliance and code of conduct are completed
- Participate / take advantage of provided technical trainings to continuously improve technical capabilities
- Utilize key digital tools to assure sales process efficiency (Power BI, MS Teams, NCM App, etc.)
- Grow ENL’s market in Indonesia significantly beyond animal feed growth rate via existing and new customers
- Identify new customers and/or distribution partner and develop new business year on year to further increase BASF’s market share
- Utilize customer segmentation, annual Country Growth Road Map review, and value curves to define focus customers to strategically grow with them and prioritize resources
- Constantly monitor customer needs and assure usage of key portfolio selling tools as the Sales-Guide, Cross-Selling Matrix, to gain share of wallet
- Bachelor degree from relevant major (Pharmacy or Veterinarian is preferred).
- Degree in Business (MBA) is an advantage
- Min.5 year experience in marketing and sales in the Animal Nutrition sector with broad knowledge in business operations
- Professional with knowledge of the Animal Nutrition Industry in Indonesia and understanding of the local customer needs
- Strong business acumen, acting with entrepreneurial drive to seize business opportunities
- Excellent selling and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a multitask environment
- Fluent in the local language and English
- Basic understanding of Digital Solutions in Animal Nutrition
Primary Location : ID-Jawa-Jakarta Raya
Job: Sales / Technical Sales
Closing Date : 31-Dec-2021, 4:59:00 PM
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities.
By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
Join the team and connect with more than 117,000 other minds.
This can include fake websites, fake job offers, or contact from a person falsely claiming to represent BASF. Remember, neither BASF nor our representatives will ever request money from a job candidate.
If you suspect recruitment fraud and BASF is mentioned, first get in touch with HR Team at BASF.