Lead the business development initiative as well as the sales team, sales process, and customer interactions for Novus' EMEA dairy business. Accountable for the development and execution of the business development plan (phase 1) and the sales plan (phase 2) via direct sales team, distributors and agents in the assigned region, and the optimal deployment of the business footprint for effective reach and delivery of solutions to key dairy target customers. Establish sustainable long term business relationships with key customers in the assigned region. Under general direction from manager, operates with autonomy and latitude in decision making.
- Lead the business development effort for the dairy segment in EMEA with focus on European Union.
- Lead the sales effort in the assigned region and the work of the sales team and maintain strong collateral CFR with other regional managers and their sales teams, the technical service group, strategic marketing, and supply chain personnel across EMEA.
- Build a new sales team and develop its capabilities into a broad, multiproduct/program and customer focused organization.
- Manage the EMEA dairy business to maximize profit short term and long term while creating customer value.
- Develop and approve monthly sales forecast to meet customer requirements and Novus working capital objectives.
- Maintain close relationships with customers to understand industry specific pains and business as well as decision making drivers.
- Develop Novus’s sales strategies and forecast sales volumes for all product/channels in assigned region
General Guidance for Key Knowledge/Skills/Experience
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA), Bachelor’s degree or comparable training and min. 12 years of sales, marketing and business development experience.
- Minimum of 6 years management experience over sales or related teams in strategic European markets.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of business development as well as sales and marketing to the completion of complex assignments.
- Proven business development skills including strategic planning and execution of projects.
- Proven ability to manage direct sales teams, agents, and distribution channels with adequate planning and execution.
- Proven understanding of the livestock and specifically the dairy industry, thorough knowledge of the animal nutrition and health businesses in European dairy segment.
- Proven ability in developing, implementation and consolidation of country level sales plans and business strategies that successfully and consistently achieve EMEA sales targets.
- Proven ability to establish, grow and manage long-term relationships with customers for optimum results.
- Strong leadership skills to set direction and keep multicultural, multifunctional teams reaching regional and global objectives.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills to effectively work with colleagues, build relationships, manage conflict, and achieve broader group objectives.
- Strong business management and financial skills to be able to understand and carry accountability for regional business plans, budgeting, forecasting, and financial statements.
- Fluent in English is a must. Other European languages will be a plus.
|Location||Remote, ideally located in Germany or The Netherlands, but could also be in other European countries.|
|% Travel||This position requires frequent travelling (up to 50% of time)|