Assistant Manager, Sales, Animal Nutrition, Korea
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
- Full responsibility of the Profit & Loss (P&L) for Sales Animal Nutrition in Korea; achieve sales and profitability targets (KPI fulfilment)
- Direct the development and maintenance of operational forecasts regarding volumes, market share, financial requirements and human resources needs, and monitor projected effects
- Responsible for all customer facing activities in Korea
- Contribute to organizational decision making & strategic direction
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Direct the development of regional go-to-market and account strategies; ensure account plans are fully developed and executed with all internal and external stakeholders
- Represent the country in the strategic dialogue with the Regional Head of Sales (HoS) to develop future strategic options (long term) and market tactics (mid-term)
- Understanding and reporting of market trends
- Focus on implementing regional customer portfolio strategy
- Identifying potential collaboration partner to enhance positioning of BASF in South Asia
- Optimize sales turnovers, improve profitability, and identify areas of improvement by analysing and benchmarking the regional business internally and externally, steering the business team, assessing new opportunities, establishing key account concepts, and recommending exiting from unprofitable businesses
- Directs the development and maintenance of operational forecasts regarding volumes, market share, financial requirements and human resources needs and monitor projected effects
- New Business Development and opportunity pipeline management short- to long-term
- Steer local market fix costs
- Analyse, decide, and implement best channels to market in agreement with Regional HoS and Global Business Management to achieve market share and penetration targets. Assure Sales Management tools (SalesForce, PowerBI, MS Teams) are fully employed and utilized to foster sales operation speed by continuously driving the implementation of efficiency and digitalization
- Strengthen and cultivate high level relationships with key existing and potential customers/distributors
- Key contact for problem escalation and resolution with customers and internal stakeholders
- Manage local Distribution Management via best practice and in line with BASF compliance
- Pro-actively seek the strategic dialogue with customers to position BASF as partner and differentiate from other suppliers
Annual Business Planning:
- Direct and realize the annual operational (budgeting) & middle-&-long term strategic planning of the local business by setting sales volume, selling price and profitability targets through negotiation and coordinating the relevant business activities with supply and sales organizations.
- Master or Degree in Animal Nutrition
- A degree in Business Management is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Marketing and Sales with broad knowledge in
- business operations and the Korean Market
- Strong leadership competencies in leading direct & virtual employees to success, and in developing talents
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a multitask environment
- Seasoned professional knowledge in Animal Nutrition & Nutrition & Health Industry in Korea
Primary Location: KR-Seoul-Seoul
Job: Sales / Technical Sales
Closing Date: 15-Apr-2022, 5:59:00 PM
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities.
By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
Join the team and connect with more than 117,000 other minds.
This can include fake websites, fake job offers, or contact from a person falsely claiming to represent BASF. Remember, neither BASF nor our representatives will ever request money from a job candidate.
If you suspect recruitment fraud and BASF is mentioned, first get in touch with HR Team at BASF.