Our content

ForFarmers to Acquire De Hoop


Source: Feedindo Logo Final

19 October 2020 - ForFarmers has announced plans to acquire compound feed producer De Hoop Mengvoeders (De Hoop).

In 2019, De Hoop sold 322,000 tonnes of poultry feed, primarily to broiler farmers and generated EUR 110 million in revenues. Approximately 80% of its volume is sold in the Netherlands, with the remaining 20% being sold from the Netherlands in Belgium and West-Germany. The company has 52 employees and production takes place at its mill in Zelhem (Gelderland, the Netherlands).

Pieter Wolleswinkel, Managing Director of ForFarmers Netherlands, said: “We are very pleased that we are joining forces with De Hoop, where quality of feed and advice are also prime aspects of their business philosophy. This combination therefore creates a strong proposition for all stakeholders and fully fits into our recently announced Build to Grow 2025 strategy.”

Gert-Jan Buunk, managing director of De Hoop, added: “The decision to become part of ForFarmers is future oriented and was primarily taken with the interest of employees and customers at heart. In our longstanding history we have always wanted to attract customers by offering them the best feed and the best advice. In ForFarmers we have found the company with a same philosophy and customer approach.”

The deal is subject to the approval of the Dutch and German competition authorities, and is expected to take place in Q1 2021.