Senior Technical Sales Representative (Remote – Southeast US)
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior Technical Sales Representative – Animal Nutrition (2001661) – Remote Southeast U.S.
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to develop and strengthen business and relationships with customers in the U.S. We will rely on you to meet yearly targets in your responsible area by generating new sales and maximizing existing account opportunities.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your educational and professional background in animal science, animal nutrition, veterinary or a related discipline, you will define and implement our unique product positioning within the Animal Nutrition segment in the U.S. vs. competition.
- Your strong interpersonal skills and network will be valued assets as you develop sales leads in the region from technical/business interactions with different kinds of customers in the value chain.
- Your robust technical knowledge will be vital as you design, coordinate, and evaluate benchmark tests (BASF vs. competitors) together with application technology laboratories. Additionally, you will coordinate and design experiments with research institutes.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will communicate with RBMs, Global Business Management, Laboratories, Production, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, etc. to provide QM support, regional NCM, and troubleshooting. Additionally, you will act as national and international representation of BASF in the fields of animal nutrition, animal physiology and animal health.
- Using your written communication and computer skills, you will be responsible for creating reports of customer visits and interaction with partners. Additionally, you will work on pricing with global colleagues.
- Driving strategy and innovation, you will work to market the introduction of improved and new products. You will collect and evaluate market developments (products, processes, etc.), make suggestions for innovations (problem solutions, process and product improvements, etc.), plan and execute tests with customers, and conduct sampling.
- Your solid business acumen will be key in this role as you will be responsible for cost management within the task area, working to ensure the cost/benefit ratio in customer evaluations (e.g. in customer trials).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply online at: