Poultry Nutrition Specialist
Aviagen is the world’s leading poultry breeding company, developing pedigree lines for the production of broiler chickens and turkeys and has a number of wholly owned operations and joint ventures around the world. This position will be part of our global team which provides technical guidance to our clients (external and internal) as well as technical development research to enhance the technical guidance capabilities of Aviagen.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide broiler and broiler breeders (Parent Stock and Grandparents) nutritional consultation to Aviagen clients in North America, and to be an active participant in conducting internal formulation and nutrition research. This position would be expected to develop and maintain business relationships with clients and suppliers in related and complementary businesses.
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of nutrition programs to optimize production performance, health, and quality for grandparents, parent stock, and broilers
- Responsible for internal feed formulation and raw material quality analysis and work closely with internal feed manufacturing and production personnel
- Nutrition guidance support for North America client base in conjunction with the technical service team
- Participate in conducting innovative poultry nutrition research and work directly with internal research teams to coordinate and collaborate research objectives
- Must have sufficient education and practical experience to be able to confidently and accurately understand cause/effect relationships in poultry nutrition. 5 years of commercial/integrator poultry nutrition experience and a graduate level degree in poultry nutrition are required. While not mandatory, a Ph.D. in this field is preferred
- Strong knowledge of poultry production practices and practical experience in breeder and broiler production and feed manufacturing is required
- Must be in Microsoft Office suite, feed formulation and statistical analysis software programs
- Excellent organizational, time-management, multi-tasking, leadership, problem-solving, and communication (oral and written) skills must be demonstrated
- The position demands a self-motivated individual who is capable of demonstrating initiative and works well in a fast-paced environment and multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Strong knowledge of experimental design (field and research facilities), data analysis, modelling, interpretation of result and report writing.
- Must be detail oriented and systematic in designing and executing short and long term objectives
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% – primarily in North America
- Ability to educate clients about new nutritional information and technologies as well as to enhance their understanding about interactions between nutrition and performance in different environments.
- Must be fluent in English.
This position will report to the Aviagen Head of Global Nutrition Services and the employment base will be preferably in Huntsville, AL.
For more information or to apply please contact Peter Sutton – email@example.com