Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com
The Account Manager is responsible for executing our business strategy at the customer level by enabling customer success and optimizing volume, revenue, and value-add growth for Eastman. To effectively accomplish this, the Account Manage prioritizes efforts across their territory, generates demand through discovery to uncover unmet needs, articulates compelling customer value propositions and develops account strategies which align with our business strategies.
Reporting to the Global Sales Director, the Account Manager will fulfil a key role in the commercial growth of the Animal Nutrition Business Organization of Eastman. This position will be home office based in the Benelux or Germany.
• Plan, complete, document (with follow up) sales calls as per the territory management plan
• Generate and develop sales leads within the sales territory to close new opportunities and achieve sales goals
• Cultivate a network of relationships across the value chain and within the customer organization beyond procurement (e.g., Operations, Technology, Senior Leadership, Marketing, etc.) to develop new business
• Use effective techniques to protect and close new business ensuring sales order values meet sales budget targets
• Use Opportunity Management processes to effectively prioritize, track and drive sales opportunities that align with business strategy
• Create and develop Territory Management Plan to ensure maximum business growth from the sales territory
• Proactively develop and document appropriate level of account plans for accounts within territory
• Collaborate with internal resources to ensure opportunities are provided with the required resources to ensure timely funnel movement
• Utilize consultative selling skills to effectively communicate and capture value
• Develop market / customer insight and identifies growth opportunities via customer and territory analysis and collaboration with internal / external partners
• Forecast based on customer insights, market insights, and opportunity progression to provide monthly volume guidance
• Negotiate pricing and commercial terms of sales agreements (where applicable)
• Conduct data-based territory analysis and prioritize efforts to maximize territory performance
• Tailor Value Propositions to ensure customer benefits are communicated and understood
• Utilize public and business sources for competitive and customer information that allows a broader understanding of the market and uses this to expand sales within the territory
Your background & qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required (MBA preferred)
• Deep understanding of Animal Nutrition industry, specifically in Monogastric
• >5 years of technical sales experience in Animal Nutrition, Feed or Feed Additives
• Experience with developing and executing account strategies and managing local distribution partners
• English and other European language such as German or Dutch
What we offer
It’s about growth and your long-term success. At Eastman, your career path can take many routes—each offering growth opportunities, competitive salary and benefits, and a globally growing work environment. Eastman fosters a culture of diversity steeped in teamwork and employee involvement, a place where dedicated individuals turn great ideas into materials that make a difference in everyday life. We support and encourage one another and believe that leveraging diversity in our thoughts and experiences allows us to excel in business.
For further information about this position please contact Ahmed Farah via +31(0)623912258 or send your application via the apply button.
|Location||Home office based in the Benelux or Germany|