Strategic Marketing Communications Manager - Algae Ingredients
Corbion preserves what matters by developing sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
The Algae Ingredients Business Unit (CAI) develops new applications and markets for algae-based ingredients produced by fermentation. We have a range of products that deliver breakthrough innovations for different applications including human and animal nutrition by offering sustainable, clean, at scale and cost-efficient algae-based ingredients including Omega-3 fatty acids. This is a high growth and added value market.
As Corbion’s Algae Ingredients Marketing Communications Manager, you will own the development of CAI brand awareness strategy and drive interest in CAI's product offerings and value proposition across strategic markets.
You report to the Senior Strategic Marketing Director Algae Ingredients, and maintain close relationships with Sales, Business Development, Product Management and Corbion group functions, such as Global Marketing and Communications.
In close collaboration with Sales and Product Management you will build and implement integrated marketing communications plans across multiple market segments and regions leveraging the most effective mix of marketing communications strategies and tools to successfully:
- Develop communications channels/tools and campaign/project planning strategy and in alignment with CAI Strategy
- Execute integrated marketing communication projects to achieve CAI MarCom Objectives
- Increase customer, prospect, and market influencer interest in and engagement with CAI brands and solutions.
- Manage entry leads using direct response mechanisms and tracking leads against the media/event of origination.
- Monitor external media coverage
- Develop launch plans for new SKU’s and products in cooperation with Product Management
- Monitor and analyze competitors’ Marcom activities and share the outcome with Sales and Product Management.
- Manage relationships with external marketing/creative/digital agencies and freelance resources to ensure compliance with brand standards, general MarCom procedures (i.e., estimate costs, reporting, billing) and quality standards for deliverables.
- Assist with global brand strategy rollout and associated communications plans/projects in partnership with internal key stakeholders.
- Manage within budget for scope of responsibility.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in marketing of B2B high added value raw materials (specialty chemicals, functional ingredients).
- Exceptional organizational skills and agility to manage multiple initiatives and adapt to the market/organization changes
- Collaborative, Team Player
- Result oriented
- The ability to see the the bigger picture, without losing sight for the details
- Consequent and resilient with a critical mindset towards the information and a tendency to cross check before passing on or taking decisions.
- Learning mentality
- A hands-on attitude.
- Writing, PowerPoint, and Excel skills are needed
- Graphic design or copywriting experience
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2020, Corbion generated annual sales of € 986.5 million and has a workforce of over 2250 employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.